DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
- The following is to inform you about the collection of personal data during the use of our website. Personal data are all data attributable to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- Controller pursuant to Article 4 Paragraph 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is PLATH GmbH, Gotenstraße 18, 20097 Hamburg (see also our Legal notice).
Our Data Protection Officer may be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org or via our postal address with the addition of “The Data Protection Officer”.
- Contact form: We give you the option of establishing contact with us for all kinds of questions via a contact form provided on our website. When using the form, a valid e-mail address is required to inform us of the original source as well as to allow us to respond to the query. Further information may be provided on a voluntary basis. According to Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter a GDPR, data for purposes of establishing contact with us is processed on the basis of your voluntary consent. The personal details we collect for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted once your query has been handled.
- Should we resort to commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offering or wish to use your data for commercial purposes, we will inform you as below in detail of the respective processes. In so doing, we will also cite the set storage time criteria.
§ 2 Your rights
- You have the following rights vis-à-vis our company with respect to the personal data relating to you:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to limitation of processing,
- Right to objection to processing,
- Right to data portability.
- You also have the right to complain to a Data Security Supervisory Authority about our processing of your personal data. To this end, you may contact the Supervisory Authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or of our corporate domicile.
§ 3 Collection of personal data during visits to our website
When you use the website merely for purposes of information, i.e. when not registering or transmitting other information to us, we will collect only those personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. Should you wish to view our website, we will collect the following data, required technically by us in order to display our website and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter f et seq. GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Data volume transmitted each time
- Originating website of the request
- Operating system and interface thereof
- Browser software language and version.
Such data are stored on a temporary basis only and will be automatically deleted after a short time.
In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files, which are stored on your hard disk assigned to your browser of choice and which provide the agency setting the cookie (us in this case) with specific information. Cookies are unable to execute any programs or infect your computer with any viruses. They serve to enhance the user-friendliness and efficiency of the overall Internet offering.
This website uses the following types of cookies whose scope and functionality are explained in the following:
- Transient cookies: Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, the session cookies. The latter store a so-called session ID that allows your browser’s various queries to be assigned to the joint session, thus enabling your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted once you log out or close the browser.
When you visit our website, we employ the following technically required cookie:
- fe_typo_user: This cookie is a standard TYPE O3 session cookie. It stores the access data entered during a user login for a closed area and is automatically deleted after leaving our website. The user data collected by technically required cookies are not used to create user profiles. These functions also form the basis of our legitimate interest in processing personal data according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f GDPR.
Your browser settings may be configured according to your individual preferences e.g. to reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or of all cookies. We should point out to you that you may then be unable to use all the functions of this website.
§ 4 Collection of personal data when using the career portal
Should you wish to use our website to apply for a position in a company of the PLATH Group, you are required to provide and transmit specific personal data in the respective contact form provided for such purpose.
Should you apply for an advertised position, your data will only be processed for the purposes of application to this specific position. After completion of the application process and with expiry of a period of 6 months, all applicant data will be automatically deleted.
Should you send us a speculative application or lightening application, your data may then be reviewed by HR recruiters needing to fill the position, as well as by HR consultants. We will contact you and invite you to a meeting if your profile fits a position to be filled. Such data are also deleted after a time period of 6 months, unless you have stipulated otherwise in your application.
Your entered data will be stored temporarily in a database on the webserver. Once such data have been promptly collected (usually on the following workday) by employees in our HR Department, they will be deleted from the database. All our employees have been bound to compliance with data secrecy according to Section 5 GDPR.
We avail ourselves of the services of an external company to achieve the functionality of the career portal. According to Article 28 Clause 3 GDPR, a commissioned data processing contract has been concluded with such company. The data is collected, stored and processed in Germany. The above-cited deletion periods apply.
According to Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter a GDPR, data for application purposes is processed on the basis of your voluntary consent to data collection and date processing.
§ 5 Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
- Should you have consented to the processing of your data, you may revoke your consent at any time. Such a revocation influences the reliability of the processing of your personal data, once you express it to us.
- Should your personal data be based on the balance of interests, you may lodge an objection to the processing. This, in particular, is the case should the processing not be required to fulfil a contract with you, which is illustrated by us in the subsequent description of the functions in each case. When lodging such an objection, please state the reasons why the processing of your personal data should not be implemented according to our usual methods. Should your objection be justified, we will examine the facts and either discontinue or adjust the data processing or invoke compelling legitimate grounds as to why we are continuing the processing.
- You may of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysing purposes at any time. You may inform us of your objection to advertising via the following contact data: PLATH GmbH, Gotenstraße 18, 20097 Hamburg, email@example.com, see also our Legal notice.
§ 6 Data security
- During visits to our website, we use the widely spread SSL (secure socket layer) procedure in conjunction with the highest level of encryption that your individual browser supports. The encryption concerned is usually 256 bit. Should your browser not support 256-bit encryption, we resort to 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is being transmitted encrypted by means of the closed illustration of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
- For the rest, we avail ourselves of appropriate technical and organisational security measures, in order to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction, or against unauthorised third-party access. Our security measures are subject to continuous improvement in compliance with technological development.
§ 7 Web analytics
We use no tracking and create no usage profiles on our website.
§ 8 Social networks
Our website uses no social media plug-ins. Social media plug-ins such as the Like button are small buttons, e.g. under Articles, which allow users to share such articles with other users in a practical way, without having to leave the website.
You will find buttons with links to social networks. Please comply with the data protection information of these providers when using such links.
§ 9 Data portability
You have a right to data portability, should the processing be based on your consent (Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter a) or Article 9 Paragraph 2 Letter a) GDPR) or on a contract to which you are a party and the processing ensues by means of automated procedures. In such case, the right to data portability includes the following rights, unless the rights and freedoms of other persons would be adversely affected as a result: You may request us to maintain any personal data, with which you have already provided us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit such data to another controller with no hindrance on our part. If technically feasible, you may request that we transmit your personal data directly to another controller.
§ 10 Timeliness
Timeliness and modifications to this data privacy statement. This data privacy statement is currently applicable and was last updated in May 2018. The further development of our website and associated offerings, as well as the modification of legal or official provisions, may necessitate the modification of this data privacy statement. The most recent data privacy statement may be retrieved and printed from our website www.plath.de/privacy at any time.